In particular the project aims at finding good practices in different EU regions in regards to how the regional small and medium size enterprises and municipalities can benefit from the mining industry and how the regional development authorities can strengthen the sustainable operational environment.
The project follows the three main procedures, defined by the programme:
1. Learning from good practices
2. Interregional collaboration
3. Interregional communication
Project partners and stakeholders take part in the activities together, to share knowledge and develop best practice guidelines. Those best practices will be communicated directly to the European Commission at the end of phase 1 to help improve the EC policy on raw materials.
The REMIX project brings together nine partners and one advisory partner from nine different countries:
1. Regional Council of Lapland, Finland (Lead Partner)
2. ADE – Agency of Innovation, Business Financing and Internationalisation of Castilla y León, Spain
3. Joensuu Regional Development Company, JOSEK Ltd, Finland
4. Marshal’s Office of Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
5. Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
6. Faculty of Sciences and Technology, NOVA University of Lisbon, Portugal
7. Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic
8. The University of Exeter, Great Britain
9. National Technical University of Athens- NTUA, Greece
10. The Freiberg Geocompetence Center, Germany (Advisory Partner)
The project has two phases. Phase 1 (implementation) lasts 2,5 years and phase 2 (monitoring) for 2 years. The total budget for the project is 1 997 655€.
Project website: www.interregeurope.eu/remix/