Business Joensuu started its operations on 1 January 2019. The owners of Business Joensuu: the city of Joensuu, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu University Foundation and Riveria training consortium, have nominated the following board of directors for the company:
- Chair Markku Kauppinen (DSocSci), First Deputy Chair of Joensuu Local Executive.
- Timo Elo, Head of Administration, National Coalition Party.
- Satu-Sisko Eloranta, Joensuu Local Councillor and Member of Vitality Board, Employment Coordinator, City of Joensuu.
- Jyrki Kangas, Doctor of Science (Agriculture and Forestry), Professor of Forest Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, has served as Director of Forestry, UPM-Kymme Ltd.
- Merja Laituri-Korhonen (MBA), Director of Administration, Riveria.
- Jarmo Paakkunainen, Managing Director, Outokummun Metalli, previously head of international business, Senior Vice President, Perlos.
- Kim Väisänen, Investor and Professional Administrator, Founder of Blancco Ltd.
The Board Members bring their extensive vision to the company Board, as well as business networks from different sectors, entrepreneurship, employment, regional needs and societal decision-making.
For more information:
Business Joensuu Oy
CEO Harri Palviainen
+358 500 967 744