Business Joensuu offers services for the development of the operating environment, with a focus on the development and activation of companies in specific sectors. In addition, the development services include the construction of networks and their activation. Services for the development of the operating environment have been divided into three entities: new businesses in the region’s growth sectors, strengthening the emerging sectors, and supporting the competitiveness of strong sectors.
Sector-specific experts in the services for the development of the operating environment work as experts in their own field and promote development. Their duties include monitoring sectoral development, as well as regional monitoring and mapping of needs. Sector-specific experts plan the development projects of their sector and launch these projects together with companies and stakeholders. Their activities aim at generating new business, products and services, as well as creating the preconditions for the internationalisation of companies.
New businesses in the region’s growth sectors
- Forest bioeconomy, climate economy and circular economy: Timo Tahvanainen
- Photonics business: Juha Purmonen,
- Creative industries
Film industry: Niina Myller
Gaming industry: Veikko Miettinen
Growth in the emerging sectors
- Food business: Hanne Husso
- Tourism business: Jaani Holma
- Education business: Mervi Leminen
- ICT economy and digital economy Jouko Rautasalo
Supporting the competitiveness of strong sectors
- Construction industry: Jouni Luoma
- Plastics and metals industry: Antti Mononen
- Extractive industries: Ilkka Nykänen
- Trade and services: Jaani Holma
Find the sector-specific experts’ contact details here.