The strong educational ecosystem supports the creation of diverse network of operators and ensures the availability of experts. ICT experts graduate from the University of Eastern Finland, Karelia University of Applied Sciences and the vocational school Riveria. The key areas of research and education include machine learning, AI (Artificial Intelligence), data science, education technologies and interactive technologies. Joensuu’s reputation as a centre of information technology and the digital economy also attracts international experts and expertise. Business Joensuu’s networks also make it easy and fast to hire experts from outside Finland. Interested? Contact us
Several national and international ICT companies operate in the region, including:
- GIS solution developer for natural resource management Arbonaut
- Company specialised in data erasure Blancco
- One of Finland’s largest IT companies CGI
- Solutions for procurement planning and contract management Cloudia
- Care Management Systems provider Fastroi Oy
- Software solutions for infrastructure Keypro
- The largest bank in the Nordic countries Nordea
- Software solutions for a variety of industries Process Genius
- Digital design agency Siili Solutions
- Software developer for education Solenovo
- International expert in service design and consulting Solita
- Learning solutions provider Valamis
The network of ICT operators in the region is constantly growing, and companies focusing on digital marketing, for instance, are on the rise. The development of the ICT sector is also strongly supported by the fact that Joensuu is a leading European centre of photonics research and business.
The growing network of ICT operators in Joensuu and the priorities of the business life played an important role in making the investment decision. The strong educational ecosystem of the Joensuu region also enables continuous development and growth in the future. In addition, Business Joensuu provided us significant help and support to understand the operations in the area in more detail.
– Markku Savusalo, liiketoimintajohtaja, Siili Solutions Oyj
We are operating in Joensuu because here we have found skilled personnel who are committed to our values. We have worked continuously with local educational institutions and gained international expertise in our team through internships and theses.
– Risto Jalovaara, toimitusjohtaja, Fastroi Oy